The beginning of this essay is standard information about Joseph Smith and the coming forth of the Book of Mormon. But then it gets bizarre!
- Joseph participated in the spurious practises of treasure seeking as a youth
- He had 'seer stone(s)' that he used to find buried treasure
- He later used these stones to translate the Book of Mormon
- The process involved burying his head into a hat
- Nobody at the time thought this was unusual
- This information has not been given to the general church membership
- A completely different story is promoted in the church
If this information is readily available to the church why is this not been taught?